Thursday 3 May 2012

Best Season Ever


As my first season with Castleview Seniors comes to a close all i can say is it was the most enjoyable season so far in my football career. From my first ‘nervous’ preseason session to sitting in the dugout down in Waterford it’s been fantastic. I went into this season with the mindset of learn as much as I could, and by god i have learnt alot. 
The bunch of lads up in Castleview Seniors are a great bunch of players that I can now call and great bunch of friends. But from day one they were on my back and rightly so. They must of thinking ‘Who is the guy, coming up here telling us what to do?’ But to be honest I would do the same and players don’t cut you slack and will give you grief if you mess up and I love it!
I must say the club have been fantastic, they have looked after me with my courses and are letting me run my academy within the club grounds, most of this is down to Rodney Power and I can’t thank him enough, I’ve seen what their plans are and I hope i’m part of them for many years.
Patsy Freyne, Ger Rennie and Eric Barrett have also looked after me, and I couldn’t ask for more. Patsy has thought me so much on the training pitch and in the dressing room. His speed and wit is second to none. Ger, what can I say about Ger, if i coach for 50 years I could never match his man management skills, the players love him and he’s some man to hit the bar from the half way line. Eric is another fantastic coach, again great with the lads, works tirelessly for the club with all the goalkeepers and probably a bit crazy(Aren’t all keepers!).
But all in all i’ve loved it and i look forward to preseason already! But first the academy, it’s time to give the kids something back!
Dean

No comments:

Post a Comment