Monday 16 April 2012

Respect for the Reds!


Well the weekend finished with the Reds having the upper hand...again! But the real winners over the weekend were the Merseyside Fans. The respect shown for each other was immense, they showed every other rival in europe how it should be done. You could hear a pin drop during the minute silence before the match. You can’t buy or fabricate that type of respect, it’s handed down and passed along the terraces to real fans.
On the day the better team won and as funny as this sounds coming from an Everton fan, I do hope Liverpool win the whole thing, simply because they gave it their all. I’m not a huge fan of Liverpool in general but I have more respect for them than I do for Chelsea.
A terrible mistake from Distin lead to their goal and looking back it was a schoolboy error that shows why he isn’t the best centre backs around. Suarez finished it perfectly and Carroll did what comes best to a guy over 6’4” get the header on target and more than likely it will go in but I still think he’s brutal!
I do think this victory papers over the massive cracks that is Liverpool FC but that’s a whole new blog entry.
Coming up this week are 2 massive games for Castleview AFC Seniors, Carraigaline on thursday night and Tramore sunday morning, nothing less than 6 points will be good enough in the push for promotion.
Dean

1 comment:

  1. As a fellow Toffee I agree with the sentiments above... but the decades of not getting the lucky bounce of a ball are shocking! Re Carroll, I'd love it if Everton had a misfiring £35m striker!

    ReplyDelete