Monday 2 April 2012

Some people believe football is a matter of life and death...


Bill Shankly once said:
"Some people believe football is a matter of life and death, I am very disappointed with that attitude. I can assure you it is much, much more important than that"
You must admit the guy could of being onto something, but with recent events I think it’s a little different now. With the recent news of Petrov’s sickness and Muamba’s heart scare we can all see that everybody in the game can be brought together, even if it’s a rival being sick or being injured, by something personal. Teams and players all over the world wore t-shirts saying they were thinking of these 2 players. A fantastic advertisement for the game to show that the minute we step off the pitch even the biggest enemies can still remain friends, or even think of each other.
Muamba recently tweeted a picture of himself sitting up in hospital which is great news, but will the boy play football again? Who knows! I’d say right now he couldn't care less as long as he can be with his family. Petrov arrived at Villa park on saturday, with his wife and small kids, to a round of applause by both sets of supporters which you could see made him quite emotional.
At the end of the day it is a sport, and it’s not more important than life and death, family is! These 2 players would give up everything to be fit and well just as long as they can be with their families! All the years I’ve been involved with football my proudest moment was when I first played football with my small fella out in my garden. Football is by far the greatest sport on earth but nothing compares a kick about with your child!
Dean

No comments:

Post a Comment